The Network Analyst is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: phone systems, workstations, servers, printers, switches, routers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. Regular work hours are Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Night, weekend and on call work will be required as the business need dictates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze, design, install, configure, monitor, maintain and repair all server systems and network devices including SAN, thin clients, printers, switches, routers and handheld computers to ensure optimum operation.
- Provide IT support for any technical environment – software or hardware platforms such as Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Mail Applications, etc.
- Provide support for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, Active directory, etc.
- Implement DRN Backup product and disaster recovery solutions.
- Perform server maintenance such as patching, upgrading, rebooting, active directory maintenance, security permissions and other related server activities.
- Work closely with IS team members, aiding where needed.
- Perform network and general data center maintenance.
- Research and analyze new software solutions as needed.
- Project manage projects for managed service customer installs of new software or hardware. Ensure delivery of timely results that meet customers’ timeline and budget needs.
- Track and maintain hardware and software licensing as well as ensuring continuity of software support contracts.
Involved in regular internal IT projects for DRN.
- Assist in protecting DRN’s network via Cyber Security policies, processes and procedures.
- Enforce security policy in daily activities as it relates to the IS team functions.
- Document IT processes and information as implemented
- Goal & team focused
- Attendance is an essential function of this position. Regular, reliable, consistent and punctual attendance is required.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products and services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server, IIS, Sharepoint server, System Center Configuration Manager, Terminal Services
- Knowledge of the following protocols/standards: SMTP, POP, FTP, DNS, DHCP
- Ability to create and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner, keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or scheduled outages, etc.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Ability to keep current with future technologies emerging in the industry by attending conferences, reviewing IT publications and online materials, etc.
- Ability to document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customers’ needs.
- Ability to contribute in a sales environment.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
BS in Information Technology or related computer degree. 3 years of IT working experience and experience in a network environment preferred.
Seeing: Must be able to identify by sight maintenance needs on buildings and grounds. Must be able to drive vehicle and operate other machinery such as mowers/trimmers. 75 – 100%
Communication: Must be able to communicate with co-workers. 75-100%
Movement: Must be able to move around facilities to perform maintenance and other assigned duties. 75-100%
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to ascend and descend ladders and work on different levels of the buildings. Must be able to position self to perform maintenance and other assigned duties. 50 – 74%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds regularly from floor to waist, occasionally overhead, and move heavy equipment. 25-49%
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system. 75-100%
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of
This position is an exempt position, not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. DRN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.