Duties include but are not limited to: installation of the Calix Fiber to the Premise equipment at the customer Premise. Must be able to wire homes in an efficient and professional manner for Internet and voice. Equipment that will be utilized: drill, stapler, laptop computer, Optical power meter. Must have strong work ethic and leadership skills. Must project a positive image of ReadiTech. Must have a clean driving record and be willing to work evenings and some Saturdays. Have broad knowledge of computers, internet, routers and networking and perform all other duties as assigned. Job performance should be done in a safe and workman like manner as to not endanger yourself or anyone else. Must be able to work in tight spaces such as crawl spaces, attics, wiring closets etc. Must track assigned vehicle equipment inventory. Must be able to adapt to changes in the business to include advances in technology, new skills, and new procedures. Must have strong community presence to ReadiTech service area. Regular, reliable, consistent and punctual attendance is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installations, troubleshooting, and maintaining all fiber optic systems in businesses, homes, schools, and other organizations to ensure that they are working properly.
- Measuring the signal strength of internet connections to ensure that there is adequate performance.
- Conducting regular inspections of the systems with the aim of locating and repairing any defects detected during the inspections.
- Performing premises cabling and running fiber optic cables.
- Determining solutions to any problems and issues that are preventing the fiber optic systems from performing optimally.
- Constructing a proper splice case as well as preparing and maintaining records, diagrams and schematics relating to the splice case.
- Communicates and explains the value and benefits of services to potential customers though establishing relationships and building strong rapport
- Completes all necessary forms and reports
- Performs routine and preventive equipment maintenance
- Maintains current industry knowledge by utilizing various resources and attending training
- May confer with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions
- Responsible for duties as described in the general summary and any/all other duties as assigned by manager and/or supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Knowledge of voice communications and digital technology
- Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance
- Knowledge of computers, internet, routers and networking
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures
- Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment
- Skill in reading cable records, staking sheets, specifications and circuit diagrams
- Ability to work in tight spaces such as crawl spaces, attics, closets, etc.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate, test and repair sophisticated equipment
- Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand
- Ability to effectively function as a team player
- Ability to perform duties in safe, professional manner
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Regular, reliable, consistent and punctual attendance is required
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
A high school diploma, or equivalent. Prior experience helpful, but willing to train.
Seeing: Must be able to identify by sight maintenance needs on buildings and grounds. Must be able to drive vehicle and operate other machinery such as mowers/trimmers. 75 – 100%
Communication: Must be able to communicate with co-workers. 75-100%
Movement: Must be able to move around facilities to perform maintenance and other assigned duties. 75-100%
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to ascend and descend ladders and work on different levels of the buildings. Must be able to position self to perform maintenance and other assigned duties. 75-100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds regularly from floor to waist, occasionally overhead, and move heavy equipment. 75-100%
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system. 75-100%
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
- Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Exposed to any number of elements and with one continuously present to the extent of being objectionable, or with several elements present to the extent of being objectionable, but usually not more than one at a time.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.