Many areas of IT and Technology in general are geared toward making your job easier and potentially saving you money at the same time. But what about your phone system? It might feel like a necessary evil, a system that simply is what it is and will always cost more money and trouble than it’s worth. But that’s not true anymore.
Traditional phone systems required the “brains” of the system to be placed at your location often filling up the wiring closet with large and unsightly equipment. That on-site PBX (Private Branch Exchange) controls all your call routing and dictates which feature set is available to you. When you want to add a new feature or upgrade the existing firmware on your system it often requires an on-site visit by a technician who’s likely there as part of a lengthy and pricey maintenance contract, or an even pricier out of contract visit.
That’s where Hosted PBX starts to differentiate itself. What we mean by Hosted PBX is simply that the configurations all come from our Metaswitch here at DRN ReadiTech office. To the customer this means that the only equipment that is onsite is a small switch in the wiring closet and the actual phones on the desks. All the upgrades are taken care of behind the scenes automatically. No need for a technician to come onsite and interrupt service at your location. And because it comes right off our main switch you will have access to the entire gamut of features that are available now or will become available as technology changes.
Here’s just a few of the features customer really enjoy that they were not able to utilize before;
- Growth – Hosted PBX is flexible and scales easily as your company changes in size and needs. No more huge costs to change call routing, add lines or users and implement new features.
- Work from Home or anywhere actually – You can literally take a desk phone anywhere you have Internet access and be connected right back into the office. Want to go to Arizona for the winter? No problem, you can answer and place calls just like your sitting at your desk in the main office. If you’re not wanting to drag a desk phone around, you can simply use the smartphone app. Again, being able to place and receive calls just like you’re at the office. Customers would never know the difference. If you just want your cell phone to ring when your office phone rings, we can do that as well.
- Voicemail to Email – This is just like it sounds. When you receive a VM on your desk phone we can turn around and send the actual .wave file to your email. Nothing lost in translations there!!!!
- Customization – Basically, we can make your system function just the way you want it to. We have over 120 Hosted PBX systems currently in place and not 1 of them are alike. We truly build it the way you want it to perform.
- Money – Last but certainly not least. Gone are the days of replacing your system after 10-15 yrs. Because we are constantly updating and upgrading our equipment, rest assured you will always have the most updated system possible right at your fingertips. Lowering costs is not always a good reason to make a change. If you’re paying less but getting less, there could be a negative impact on your business. Not so in this case. Saving money is a no brainer reason to switch to Hosted PBX because in addition to saving money, you also get less headaches and increased functionality.
If you have any questions or are ready to make the jump don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Travis Anliker – Sales Manager