There is a bit of irony when writing a blog post about why your business should be blogging. The DRN ReadiTech blog has been active for nine months now and I hope that you have found some valuable information within our seventeen blog posts.
As a business owner you may be asking yourself if you should have a blog or why you need a blog. Let’s take a moment to address some of the benefits of blogging.
- Drives traffic
- Anytime you can drive more traffic to your website is a plus, and while readers are on your blog they may venture to other pages on your website. Possibly resulting in a sale!
- Make search engines happy
- Search engines, such as Google, like websites that have changing and new material added to them. By having a blog and posting at least once a week you are satisfying search engine’s expectations.
- Establishes you as an expert in your field
- You know the goods and services you sell better than anyone else.
- Blogs also give your business a personable touch, making you more relatable to customers.
- Shareable material
- How did you find today’s blog post? Facebook? Twitter? LinkedIn? Practically everyone is on social media on one or more platforms.
- Blog posts are easy to share and re-share across all forms of social media, therefore your message is spread faster.
- A blog is a great way to share upcoming events or new releases.
- Build some suspense by giving a sneak peek into a new product.
- Use your blog as another gateway to market your business and goods.
If you have been on the fence about adding a blog to your website don’t wait another day. Jump in with both feet and give it a try.
Pamela Henningsen – Multi-Media Specialist